Friday, May 20, 2011

Finding Dulcinea - Part 2: The doubters

 A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.  [Thomas Carlyle]




Seems like my first post has gathered some momentum and a journalist/blogger at Now Lebanon has written something about it: Click here to read what she wrote


Here's my reply & comments on her entry:

Dear Angie:
Let me start by saying that I will not call you a "jaded, cynical, cold-hearted bitch", what you think of yourself is your own business.  Now reading your post I sense a general negativity to it and ridicule.  Again I will not argue with you it's your own interpretation.  However, I would like to make a few clarifying points:

1) I never said anything about "emotional intimacy", I know I met her only briefly this year and last year, I never said I am madly in love with her or that she makes my palms sweaty or my knees shaky...All I expressed was an internal (strange) feeling towards another human being and I sensed that that feeling was out of the ordinary because I have never experienced it before in my 34 years on this planet...I don't see the cynical humor in it ...correct me if I am wrong.


2) As for the creepster/stalker label, I beg to differ on both counts.  I felt an attraction towards her and decided to stay around enjoying an internal buzz, I assure you I was not under the spooky influence of Phenylethylamine or any other hormone for that matter, I am just a regular guy who felt strangely attracted to a woman if in this day and age this is considered creepy then I don't know where this world is coming to...

After the march I decided to initiate some kind of excuse to talk to her, again correct me if I am wrong but isn't this how most relationships start? a guy makes the first gesture towards a woman he likes...and what are dates for then if not to further get to know that woman you made a gesture towards? Is this stalking? For crying out loud the woman barely knows I exist if it weren't for that brief 30 second exchange.


Reading your take on the matter made me realize what a "jaded, cynical, cold-hearted" society we have become.  I'm going to ignore it and keep looking for her and will let her be the judge if I am a creep and a stalker.


Finally, may one day true love find you...

8 comments:

  1. Dont listen to anyone else! She clearly has jealousy! Good luck bro in finding her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got attracted to the girl and you are trying to reach her after you have briefly spoken.You made everything public on your blog.

    How on earth did this end up being "stalking" and creepy?!

    Dear Angie Nassar (author of the NowLebanon post), you got that one wrong BIG TIME.

    Good luck in your quest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous You bet man ... I'll keep the search & the faith ;)

    @Gilles I don't know what I am missing here my man...political correctness has even seeped to the very basic male-female attraction/meeting cycle? what a fucked up society we've become...I don't know any other way I am going after her openly & will let Dulcinea make the call...cheers & thanks

    Oh one more thing, the NOW Lebanon blog is deleting every comment including mine...that's cheap if u ask me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually now that you are mentioning it, what is happening in our society is much worse than what you are saying!

    Sluttiness and trashiness is taking over the Lebanese society and your quest ends up being "stalking"!!?

    And yes my opinion is objective since I left LEB in 2006 and I visited last summer. Man the girls were different!! You can barely find respectable ladies these days.

    So out of all these bad changes that happened, Angie Nassar ended up finding your logic quest, "stalking"?!!

    3anjad sataletni hal benet!! Wle chou testilit 7achichi haydi 3a rayit Ziad?!

    Anw man, let me know if I can be of assistance and going over the facebook's event album is the best resource you have. Any updates there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me tell you whats the problem here...

    We - third world in general and especially Lebanese - are so fund of looking overseas, pick some terms and use it after blowing it out of portion. Most of the times we dont even know what it really means.

    Angie probably watched some creepy US TV shows about stalkers (most of it are just theatric shows BTW claiming being real), and Voala! "I learned a new term :Stalkers! I love it! I cant wait to use it! I am so up-to-date in my life style!" Trust me this is the mentality in Lebanon:)

    Soon the "Pedophiles phobia" will strike (Last time I visited Lebanon, I sensed more tense in parents' body language when you smile to a child on the street). And thats sick, SICK, S.I.C.K!

    Good luck in your quest:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ramzi what you said is very very true and I think that's what is standing in Quixote's way.

    The pedophiles phobia you mention is something that has been on my mind since I visited in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know that feeling, follow it. Didn't lead me anywhere, but it was worth trying, at least now, I do not have to ask myself "What if...?"

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Ramzi @Gilles you have inspired the 3rd part. Coming soon. You've hit it right on the nail.

    @Sleepless in Beirut, Thanks I will. I love your writings by the way. No Nonsense, I love that.

    ReplyDelete